Continuing the tradition of this series of symposia, ISCC 2014 will provide an international technical forum for experts from industry and academia to exchange ideas and present results of ongoing research in most state-of-the-art areas of computer and communications, including the ones listed below. This year, special focus will be on the challenging issues and opportunities related to the computing and communication in the era of Smart Cities. You are invited to submit a full paper or a proposal for a panel/invited session or a tutorial, related to the following topics of interest.
- Access Networks
- Digital Media Technologies
- Bioinformatics and Medical informatics
- Modeling and Simulation
- Big Data, Data Mining and Database Applications
- Digital Satellite Communications Service
- Network Design, Optimization, and Management
- Next Generation Networks Infrastructures and Management
- Distributed Systems Architecture and Management
- Network Reliability, Quality of Service and Quality of Experience
- Economic and Regulatory Issues
- Optical Networking
- E-Commerce and E-Services
- Fault-Tolerance and Error Recovery
- Peer-to-Peer Computing
- Real Time Communication Services
- Grid, Cluster and Cloud Computing
- Routing and Multicast
- Human Language Technologies
- Image Processing and Visualization
- Security and Cryptography
- Software Engineering
- Internet Services and Applications
- Standards Evolution
- Advances in Internet Protocols
- Self-Management of Telecommunications and Networks
- Cognitive Radio Networking
- Sensor Networks and Mobile Sensing
- Distributed and Mobile Middleware
- Overlay and Programmable Networks
- Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures
- Wireless, Cellular and Mobile Communications
- Green Networking and Smart Grid
- Internet of the Future
- Bio-inspired Computing in Communications
- Communications Services and Management
- Internet of Things and Smart Cities
- Artificial Intelligent Systems
- Social Networks and Crowdsourcing
- Services and Support for Smart Cities
Abstract Registration: February 14th, 2014
Paper submission deadline:
January 24th, 2014 February 7th, 2014February 14th, 2014
Notification of paper acceptance:
March 14th, 2014March 21st, 2014
Submission of camera-ready papers due:
April 11th, 2014April 21st, 2014
Papers should describe original work and should be no more than 7 pages in the IEEE double column proceedings format including tables, figures and references. Note that accepted papers up to 6 pages will be published with no additional charge. Exceeding page will be charged an additional fee. Extended versions of selected best papers will be recommended for publication in a Special Issue of a prestigious International Journal.
Please use the EDAS submission server: https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=16685
IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (e.g. removal from IEEE Xplore) if the paper is not presented at the conference.
Accepted papers will be included in IEEE-ISCC Proceedings to be submitted to IEEE Xplorer.
At least one of the authors will be required to register and attend the symposium to present the paper in order to include the paper in the conference proceedings. All accepted papers will be submitted to IEEE Xplore.
Please note that final paper acceptance is conditional upon:
- One of the authors registers and one of the registered authors presents the paper.
- Payment is made and online copyright transfer form is signed and uploaded.
- The paper follows given format and the PDF file is IEEE Xplore compliant
- The standard of English is satisfactory
In the last years, the IEEE-ISCC Proceedings published in IEEE Xplorer have been indexed by ISI, dblp, Scopus. This makes the IEEE ISCC one of the publication venues with higher visibility and impact in both Computer and Communications areas.